At Christmas, Hannah decided she wanted a real iPod. JPat and I looked at her as if she was INSANE!! There is no way we were buying a five year old an iPod. I made a deal with her. If she saved up all her money from presents and chores, she could buy one.... She asked for a purse and wallet from Grandma, and off the savings began! I figured it would do her good to save up with a goal in mind.. besides the idea of getting rid of all her cd's near her bed sounded GREAT to me!!!
What a girl...at first she took her purse and wallet everywhere. One day, we went to walmart with some cash in it. As we were marching around the store, she kept filling her basket with stuff she wanted to buy. I told her it was her choice, but it would take longer to get her iPod. She didn't seem to care... Then I did what any conniving mama would do.. i took her to see the iPod!!! Immediately, she put it all back. After that, her purse and wallet stayed at home!
After 7 months of saving all presents and cleaning house for various people, esp Grandma, she finally had enough to buy her iPod... So off to the Apple store we went..
She was funny. The whole car ride, she was debating on whether to get blue or purple, neither color I personally liked, but I decided it was her choice..her savings! So, as we are walking through the Galleria, she decides on purple. We finally enter the apple store, and look at the iPods. She asked the man for PINK!! The girl is a closet pink lover. Evidently, she doesn't think its cool to love pink!
She paid in small bills!! I'm sure the clerk appreciated it!!
What a girl...at first she took her purse and wallet everywhere. One day, we went to walmart with some cash in it. As we were marching around the store, she kept filling her basket with stuff she wanted to buy. I told her it was her choice, but it would take longer to get her iPod. She didn't seem to care... Then I did what any conniving mama would do.. i took her to see the iPod!!! Immediately, she put it all back. After that, her purse and wallet stayed at home!
After 7 months of saving all presents and cleaning house for various people, esp Grandma, she finally had enough to buy her iPod... So off to the Apple store we went..
She was funny. The whole car ride, she was debating on whether to get blue or purple, neither color I personally liked, but I decided it was her choice..her savings! So, as we are walking through the Galleria, she decides on purple. We finally enter the apple store, and look at the iPods. She asked the man for PINK!! The girl is a closet pink lover. Evidently, she doesn't think its cool to love pink!
She's no saving up for a pink digital camera..... geez!! Oh well.. I suppose its a good lesson!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment