CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.05.2008

Hannah


Hannah read a book just now. She read "ah choo"... Now, its no charles dickens. But she did it mostly by herself and sounded out a few words she did know. I am impressed. I know I am a teacher and all, but I have had the hardest time trying to help her learn read. Besides getting impatient, phonics make no sense to me... i know some of you are laughing at me.. go ahead..get a good laugh.. But she can add and subtract in her head!!! That's where the math teacher in me kicked in!!!

Other cute things to note about Hannah..

She "voted" yesterday at school.. she said she voted for McCain..because he has mamaw's last name in his name!! At least she's got her reasons!!!

Saturday, at 2 am, she vomited. At 5 am, she crawled into bed with her Maw and started making her "list" for the day! She got some paper, and slowly but surely wrote out her list. She had 11 things she wanted to do with Maw that day! I'm so proud of her, she got all of them done... well except for one thing, which was a birthday party that I had put on the list on the wrong day!! (we even showed up to Westwood Gymnastics for it and everything..) oh well!!

Sunday.. she was talking to her "maw" and here's how the conversation went!

HannaH: Maw? God made the world in 7 days?
Maw: Yes. He rested on the 7th day?
Hannah: Thats a lot to do in 7 days!!
Maw: Sure is. He must have had a great list!

She's putting things together! I love it. Its neat to see her little brain working out loud!

Other fun things she is doing include drawing, painting, whining (she's a pro) and playing with dolls. She had barbie get married.. except she didn't have a boy barbie so she played with 2 girls! We really need to get her a boy barbie!!! She also makes her animal crackers have a conversation! Hee hee!!

My little girl is growing up. :)

0 comments: