CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.10.2009

Today is Tonsilectomy Day

So, clearly I am having trouble sleeping... so I thought I'd jot down some memories before Hannah's big day.
  • She is acting like a champ. When asked if she's nervous, she says a little bit. But "I get to eat ice cream and popsicles for breakfast."
  • Earlier when talking with Neha Masi, she informed me that Hannah wouldn't be able to talk for a few days!! OH MY! I'm not sure I am prepared for that!
  • I think its sweet that Hannah has ABSOLUTELY no idea what the word surgery means... that they are going to cut something out of her throat!!
  • I'm pretty sure that Hannah is going to be in a world of HURT tomorrow..it breaks my heart that she has to go through this..but this is how the WORLD works... Hurt and pain are followed by blessings and healing!! Praise God!!!
  • I didn't realize how much I would miss my friends! I miss Neha and Erika and Sam..... Without you guys nearby, I feel like we're walking through this alone. I KNOW KNOW KNOW that its not the truth, but still!
  • We are so grateful for all the packages already sent to Hannah and all the promised visits and the phone calls!!! Mamaw and Papaw are going to try to make it down!! The neighbors are going to stop by to cheer Hannah up and hopefully Erika and the kiddos can make it over to see us... All friends are welcome!!
  • Sarah has been walking around talking about Hannah's surgery, as if were Disneyland! Its cute and funny cuz she has noooo idea what she is talking about!
  • Hannah is very upset about having to stay in bed for a few days following the surgery!! She doesn't understand that she is going to feel badly and want to stay in bed!!
  • I am very grateful for tylenol with codeine!!
  • I can't believe I just created 5 blog posts when I have to wake up in less then 4 hours!! Urg, I hate the feeling of not being able to sleep!!
Ok... Pray for her. Pray that God's hand of protection would be around her, the doctor and nurses etc... That the medicines would work to manage her pain, that she can make it through without whining too much! (oh wait, that's prayer for me :).

I 've got to try and get some sleep, because clearly I can't think straight!!!

4 comments:

laura

praying for hannah. it is tough! Bethany had the surgery about a month and a half ago. it will get better. we had about 2 weeks of quiet bethany but now she's back.

Tanya

Praying for a successful surgery and smooth recovery.

Anonymous

Praying for a safe and successful surgery. This might bring a smile to her face: http://www.edys.com/brand/fruitbars/tonsillectomy.asp?b=136
It's a link for a free box of Edy's fruit bars and other goodies in what they call a tonsillectomy kit! Enjoy!
Katie

Judy

I just popped over here from Kenzie's blog after I saw the title to this post! If you had any doubt about whether on not you made the right decision to have those tonsils removed rest assured that you did make the right decision (in my opinion). I should have had mine out when I was little and ended up having them removed when I was in college in my 20s. It was the worst experience of my life. Worse than child birth if you can believe it :) It's so much easier when they're little. It took me three weeks to recover and the pain was unbelievable.
So I hope your Hannah is having fun eating ice cream and having special mommy time and other treats! Praying that she'll bounce back quickly!