Sweet Baby James is four months today. Where has the time gone?
I have thought a lot about Him and him today. It is amazing how God works and how He truly desires to give you the desires of your heart! I think back to a year ago today, and at that point, couldn't even fathom being where we are right now...
In March of 2009, we decided to have a garage sale. A get rid of everything, including the (gasp) baby stuff, garage sale. This was a big deal for me. A true letting go moment. Its no secret that I wanted a third baby and JPat didn't. This is something that was unresolved between us since Sarah was born in 2006. My desire never went away, like JP hoped it would. In fact, it started becoming a bigger and bigger elephant in the room.... Between BSF and Wednesday morning Bible Study, God was really speaking to me to let that desire go. He really showed me that I was using my desire to have a third child (which is by itself good) as my means to happiness. You know, if I have a third child.. or when I ..then I will be happy... It was becoming my IDOL! Something I placed my hope and life on. The time had come for me to discard that desire and trust GOD!
So, in early February, I decided to let go. For me that meant getting rid of all of my baby stuff physical stuff and my emotional stuff.. (let JPat off the hook kinda stuff)... I mean ALL of it.. So we did. In the form of a garage sale.. So on March 27th, we held a sale...(incidently through the garage sale we made EXACTLY the right amount of money for JPat to go on a missions trip to Honduras. for which I was planning to go on, but decided last minute not to... coincedence?? I THINK NOT!!)
On May 2nd, I found out I was pregnant! In July we found out it was a BOY! God not only gave me a third child but also the deepest desire of my heart.... a SON.. a son for me and a BOY for JPat..(How happy he is should be the subject of another post! :)
So as I sit here looking at my sweet baby boy, I can't be overwhelmed with how AWESOME a God I have...How a simple choice almost 10 years ago has lead to the life I lead today! How unworthy a soul I am to be showered by all the gifts of God, from calvary to my sweet baby! How trusting in Him led me a better plan for my life than I could ever dream of!
(by the way, I'm convinced that this sweet boy is always in "fight" mode... he's got to ward of Sarah...he's always ready to throw a punch...)
What are you hanging on to? I can't imagine any sweeter joy than trusting God and letting Him work.... In Him, my joy is complete....
4.10.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love these pictures of James and your words as well. I know the last 6 or 9 months have been a trial for you...between bed rest and reflux, I don't know how you did it.
This was the Bible verse for Grace's Sunday School today...so, so true.
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. - James 1: 2-3
Beautiful post Hetal. Love you and, wow, that baby boy is growing up so fast. How precious is he??!
Post a Comment