CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.17.2010

Mother Daughter Retreat 2010

This weekend, Hannah and I had the priveledge of attending a mother daughter retreat put on by our church.  It was such a HUGE HUGE blessing to be able to spend some time away with my precious first born.  This year's theme was bff.

I had such a blast just preparing for the retreat. I think it was part of the excitement.  We searched high and low for afforable matching pajamas. Target was where there was any hope, but none in our sizes. So I ended up appliqueing some hearts with h's (for Hetal and Hannah..get it?) onto white t-shirts and we wore them with black yoga pants. It was cute.  Hannah walked down the stairs Friday morning..with "Mom, I have an idea. Why don't you write MMR and MDR on some shirts.."  My Mom Rocks and My Daughter Rocks... SWEET! Maybe next year.

I took Hannah out of school for her first ever mani/pedi. It was so fun and so needed. She felt so special. After that, our sweet roommate, Tanya and Grace, swung by and picked us up. We headed down to the coast.  Tanya did a great job being patient battling HOUSTON/Galveston traffic. It was TERRIBLE.

After checking in and watching the giddy girls get goofy, we headed down to the ballroom. Here are the girls on the hotel bed, just being silly. They were so excited. I'm pretty sure it had NOTHING to do with the huge snack basket of oreos and candy they had for dinner.... :)



We spent the evening dancing and dancing. It was a great mix of music, LOUD contemporary girlly stuff and some of the old classics us mama's enjoyed like the twist and Aretha Franklin.   Hannah had a BLAST dancing busting out in moves we didn't know she had in her. Let's just say that she'll be taking dance lessons for a LONG time! :)



 Here's a great shot of Tanya and Grace. They were wonderful roomies.. We really had a blast with them!  The girls, even though a year apart, really get along wonderfully. It helps that Tanya is as sweet as can be. I enjoyed spending real quality time with her away from the busyness of life. 



When we signed up for the retreat, we were asked to send in a mother daughter picture. Friday, when we walked into the ballroom, we found a GIANT picture of Hannah and I. So fun!  In fact, I think eventually we will get the picture. Hannah will get to display my big ole face in her room for years to come!!  ha.. :)

Saturday morning was met with a HUGE breakfast buffet and some breakout sessions.  The girls left, and we had the honor of Tonya Riggle speaking. I have heard her speak before, and like then, she BROUGHT IT. I mean, truly life affirming and inspiring. In fact, I took a million notes. I just need to see things in my handwriting to remember them. I think I'll type up my notes in a post next, just so I remember. It was THAT good.... I was definitely blessed by it..

Then we were done. Short and sweet. So we took the girls to the beach (in which I left my camera in the car, hence the one stolen picture of Hannah's back. The girls played and played at the beach while we mamas (there were five of us) chatted away.


After a few hours, we went to eat a yummy lunch and then walked around the Rainforest cafe, before heading back to life, back to reality!! :)


It was such a treasure to enjoy this time away with my beautiful girl.I totally see this becoming a tradition we will cherish for years to come!!  I know Sarah can't wait either!!