CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.31.2010

Trick or Treat

This year for Halloween, we went to a friend's house for a family party. We usually do stuff with the cousins and grand/great-grand parents, but Hannah needed a turn to be around kids who were "into" the trick or treating. The young ones tucker out too quickly for her. Anyway, we had a blast, visiting, eating pizza and then running streets for CANDY!!

Here's the motley crew getting ready to hit the roads!

Sarah wanted to be Strawberry Shortcake. Thanks to my fabulously talented friend, I was able to sew her a costume for next to nothing. (well it would have been next to nothing had I not messed up (twice)).  For the record, if I even think about sewing the girls costumes next year, remind me how terrible an idea it would be.   It looks cute in pictures anyhow!  I thought about buying her a wig, but she has such pretty hair, we curled it and they sprayed an entire can of pink glittery spray in it. She was sooo CUTE!



Hannah originally wanted to be a Ghost, but after our BSF lesson on mediums and spirits, she decided to do something different. So, TODAY, she and her super creative daddy (ugh..i only dream of being as clever and creative as he can be), they came up with a costume.  She went as Ruth Hawk, from the TV show Man, Woman, Wild which my kids LOVE to watch.  Her dad fixed her up with the essentials for the Wild. A pocket knife, binoculars, a flashlight. She found some of her OLD (like size 5) cargo pants, and a tank top and made herself a "jacket" with the button down shirt. 

James went as bones. He was not in the mood for pictures. I worked with what I had! He's still a cutie pie.



 After trick or treating at the party, the girls came back home and we met our neighbors as they wound up trick or treating. There were two cul de sacs left to go.  Hannah made it around the block. Sarah was done after the first few houses.  We're such meanies. They had to shower and get in pj's before they could have ONE piece of their loot!  Oh well, they will live.

We had such a fun Halloween weekend. We definitely missed our family, especially the grandparents. Even Hannah was reminscing about Papaw's famous hot chocolate after trick or treating.   But we are so blessed to have such fabulous friends and neighbors to share our life with!! 

1 comments:

Jennifer

Good night . . . when did Hannah turn 12?! She looks soooo grown-up!! And sorry, but I won't be the one telling you not to make costumes next year--I think Sarah looks adorable! :)