CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.16.2010

10 on 10.10.10

Sweet Baby James turned TEN MONTHS old Sunday. Where did the time go? Really? How can time seem to move so much faster some days than others?



Anyway, he's such a doll. We had a "rough" nine month month. Sarah, Bubba and I all got the stomach bug. After that 2 week ordeal, baby James wasnt quite the same... I think it overlapped with a growth spurt. Evidently, my baby sleeps and sleeps during growth spurts. Without eating :)  It was a wee bit stressful, not understanding that bit of info. But we got over it.    Oh, speaking of eating,  we think he'll be going to PROM while slurping his puree'd food.. They boy can't stand anything that is chunky. We've tried a bunch of level 3 foods, gags and pretends to puke. We tried very very very. i mean the size of a fruitfly, small pieces of grape. He just leaves them on his tongue.. Silly boy!! :)

Baby James is a big time homebody. He likes his house, and especially his bed. Separation anxiety kicked in full forced this past week. He cried several times at church and refused to nap during a short trip to Orange cuz he didn't recognize his bed.  He smiles at everyone, but now pretends to be shy by putting his head on my shoulder. I LOVE IT! :)  Its a phase, so i'm just gonna enjoy it, instead of be put off by it.

He has exactly ONE trick. He can give you a kiss, but its on his terms...he will only give you one, it must be on the mouth, and his mouth is wide open.  What a tease.  He says "nanana" and "dadada" and watches you intently while you say Mama or Eat.  Its like he's trying to say something bu physically can't!  He is extremely ticklish and has an infectious laugh.  He likes to be held, still. When we shop, he is so curious..staring everywhere, checking it all out, especially the ceiling. He loves to look at the ceiling. I don't recall the girls doing that. They were too busy looking at people.  He can scream so loud but mostly he scream's when he's happy.
The girls and I played with his hair before we left for Grandma's for the weekend! :)


He is in absolute LOVE with his Maw. I mean, NO ONE matters when she is around. Not even Daddy. JPat is a close second and I'm third in line.  I would have thought that at least my boy would love me more than  JPat..but there's something about those daddy's..Especially his..JPAT is a ROCKSTAR DADA. ..    Hannah is totally digging him and is a great sister to him. She plays with him, chases him around and loves to play peekabo. Sarah is still doing ok with him.  I think he has mixed emotions about that sweet girl. The other day, she ran up to me crying, and bubba (in my lap) was just grinning like the Cheshire CAT!!  But yesterday, Sarah got into a fireant bed in Orange, and he started crying with her.  She still thinks he's the Cat's MEOW, and loves to be around him when he's awake.

James is finally getting some sort of routine. He likes to take a LONG morning nap, from about 10 to 1, and a short evening nap. It kinda doesn't fit into our schedule most days, but we roll with it.  We spend a lot of time at home still, hitting the stores when only necessary.

We heart our sweet little boy. Our family is so full with him here!  I can't wait to see his personality emerge in the next few months! What a beautiful addition to our family!! :)

0 comments: