CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.23.2008

Nature Walk


After dinner tonight, JPat and I took the girls on a nature hike. The girls hopped in the wagon, and after a little bit of whining, we were off. It was a blast. The kids ran/rode/raced, while we just strolled around enjoying the evening (well as much as you can enjoy the humid Houston heat). We walked over 2 miles. We saw alligators, 3 snakes, turtles, Rosetta spoon bills, blue herons, night herons and doves. The kids loved the lightening bugs. The best part of the walk, it was right off driveway. We live in such a beautiful and active neighborhood. We have access to so many nature trails and we really need to start taking advantage of them as the weather becomes more manageable.

1 comments:

Tanya

We will have to give the nature walk a try! I can't believe we have lived here almost 3 years, and I haven't tried that trail yet! Sounds like fun!