Last week was a strange one for me. But for Hannah, it was a joy. She is such a social butterly, so smart and a natural learner that school is no problem for me. Monday, she came home and I had made milk and cookies. She told me about school, the friends she recognized. She said, I didn't learn how to read today. I asked her what she did learn, and she said, stuff I already know, like my letters, numbers and shapes. After her milk and cookies, she got to call Mamaw Cain and talk to her. As they were talking, Mamaw says to her, "Hannah, your so smart, you should just go to the first grade." When they got off the phone, Hannah says to me, Mamaw said I should go to the first grade. What she didn't hear was the joking and chiding in Mamaw's voice. Hannah took her seriously. So we then proceeded to argue about how she couldn't just go to the first grade without Kindergarten. " But Mommy, Mamaw says I can." Oh, sweet girl, its too bad Mamaws can't run schools. Mommas would be so much happier that way!
Later that evening, I talked to Mamaw about Hannah and our conversation. Mamaw joked that Hannah should be in the 1st grade with me and that I should email her teacher. I said mamaw, why don't I just give you her email and you can let them know your opinions on the subject. Oooh did that sound appealing to her. She said, "Girl, you don't know what your asking for!" I'm not sure that Mamaw can handle that kind of raw power!!!
9.02.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment