After dropping off Hannah to school, we made our way. It seemed to unceremonious to me. On Hannah's first day of preschool, I made pancakes, JPat came home from work ( thats because he used to get into work by 6:30 am and we lived 5 minutes away) and I cried like a baby. Today, we had bananas, milk and a granola bar (while I was rushing them out the door), Daddy was off to a meeting, Hannah was off too school and I really didn't cry. Don't get me wrong, I teared up because my bear is growing up... but the start of school was just not an "event." I suppose the second child misses a lot of "events."
I would like to point out a picture of Sarah when we ARRIVED at school. Again, this is BEFORE she even made it in the classroom. School is 12 minutes away from home.. what a mess! Typical Sarah.. she is just mischievious..but she's just SO DARN cute...
After dropping Sarah off, I had a few meetings, grocery shopped, and did a little housework. Its amazing how much you can accomplish when you don't have seatbelts to buckle in and out every time you get out of the car!
When I picked her up, she seemed as happy as can be. She even rattled off some of the things she did on that day! She "colored, played kitchen, messed with blocks. She ate all her food and took a good nap. The only hiccup at school was that they had an unscheduled fire drill smack in the middle of nap time. Poor teachers! They had to wake up all the sleeping kids, drag them outside and get them to lay back down when they returned. All in all it was a great day.
1 comments:
i think sarah might need the hairspray more than hannah! 'she ate all her food' really? what a surprise! :)
neha
Post a Comment