We got to go to the beautiful city of Chicago last weekend. Maw dropped the girls and I off to the airport and we got there without a hitch. Sarah even took an hour nap. After Ba and Dada (my parents) met us at the airport, we went to eat Giardanos Pizza... classic Chicago style pizza, YUM!! (i'm still a ny pizza kinda girl.. no worries.) After dinner, we went back to the airport, picked up Mona Masi and went to our hotel in Skokie. The kids had a blast hanging with all my cousins and sister, and my parents. They stayed up till 1 am friday.
Saturday, we had brunch at a friends house, then hung out at the hotel until it was time for the Engagement party. The girls got decked out, I wore an AWESOME sari (thanks Indu Masi) and we walked over the banquet hall. If you don't already know, my girls are super social beings, so once we got to the party, I basically didn't see them.
HOWEVER, right before the engagement ceremony was to start, Hannah walks up to me and says, Mom, Sarah pooped. By this time, the engaged couple was about to start exchanging rings, and Sarah is right in front of them. She yanks at the side of the pull up, and starts ripping it off. The next thing I know, she is sitting on the floor, next to a bunch of 20 year boys mind you, full on taking her diaper off. What I didn't know until I turned around is that she had left piles of poop in a row across the dance floor.... IT WAS HILARIOUS.. not to mention mortifying. So this place had no trash cans, no paper towels, so I run across the dance floor (with ALL eyes staring at me) with a diaper as my pooper scooper. SO funny. I had to run Sarah back to our hotel room, change her, wash our hands and run back. So I missed the ceremony. Oh well, I at least I got an extremely embarrasing story Daddy can share for generations!
Sunday morning, we chilled at the hotel. My cousins and I took the girls to Chuck E Cheese. What could be better than that. After that, my parents and I went to Navy Pier downtown and walked around. After eating a million french fries, and riding Thomas the train, we met Neha and her parents there. Rasik Uncle insisted on getting Hannah a funnel cake. She downed it!! The girls went back to the hotel, and all the cousins took a cruise around downtown. Neha, Ankur (her brother), and Rutvee (his wife) went with us. It was sooooo much fun! While we were on the cruise, the girls had fun eating pizza with my parents and staying up late.
The next morning, my parents left early. Neha picked us up and we went and hung out at her parents house. Sarah gave them a glimpse of life with a two year old. I know you know what I mean! Hannah played Jenga with Neha's dad.
We made it home pretty late. It was an great weekend.. Back to the grind of daily life!
6 comments:
very cute pictures!! but NONE of me or my family with the girls. :( how sad! it was quite fun though and your two year old is jabri!!!
neha
Sounds exhausting and fun all at the same time! Who is the girl with you in the 7th picture - the one that's kind of a close-up? She looks like Hannah to me, especially in the eyes!
That is my beautiful little sister! Everyone says that she and Hannah look alike!!
Love the pictures! Can't wait to hear the details! Amy
my little great-granddaughters
were the most beautiful people
at the party.
sarah is the best entertainer!!
i can see you had a wonderful time.
my beautiful little girls live in a
big, big world.!!
i am so glad you blogged all this.
i was wanting to hear about the
weekend.
loved the stories and pics!!
lovumamaw
whatta party.!! next time i want
to go!!! lovumamaw
Post a Comment