CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.23.2008

When the "Bear's" is away....

Yesterday, Sarah went to Maw's house for a few days. It was the first time she's been away from us alone in a very very long time. Most of the time she goes, Hannah is with her. It was a very last minute idea, and I ended up having to rearrange my schedule to get her to Baytown and be back to pick Hannah up from school. At first when I told her she was going, she said "no i go matthew and shelli's house." She didn't quite understand what I was saying. I proceeded to "convince" my two year old that Maw's house would be a lot of fun. She can ride the tractor with paw, Fish on the pier, play playdoh, play with babies, watch boz with maw. She came around rather quickly. After I was quickly shoved things in the suitcase, I went to clean out the truck. This is what Sarah did.

She dragged the luggage from across the house, and put it on her back and brought it outside. It was too cute. Anyway.. we made it to Baytown with little traffice (PTL)... We did have to search for cheap gas. Ike still has gas prices in Katy strange. Some places are $3.29 and others are $3.79. Anyway, after picking up a quick Jamba juice (which Sarah drank all of ), we met Maw at Cracker Barrel, had lunch and I headed home.

I thought I had to be creative in presenting Sarah at Maw's house to Hannah. I racked my brain for the whole ride home, concocting fun things to do. Maw's house in Hannah's eyes is the absolute best life has to offer. So, I picked Hannah up, she asked were Sarah was and I told her Maw's house. She said .. "ooh.. can we go to Chuck E Cheese and Chick Fil A without Sarah". Then she proceeded to chatter NON STOP for the rest of the evening! So much for being worried.

After ballet practice, we picked up a friend to take to Chuck E Cheese with us. I drove the girls through a new McDonalds by our house. As I was doling out happy meals, Hannah and Taylor were looking at three men on horses across the street. This is their conversation:

Hannah: "Look, Taylor they have cows"
Me: "Lets sit her while we eat our food and what them rope the cows"
Taylor: "Why are they putting ropes around the cows?"
Me: "I'm not sure,maybe they are practicing for the rodeo."
Hannah: "One day my friends pulled that thing that hangs off the cow, and milk squirted out"
Taylor: "Hetal, can we go to Chuck E Cheese now"

Clearly the girls were not impressed with the cowboys. I was though. We finally made it to Chuck E Cheese. They had a blast. I got them 100 tokens (I had a great coupon..and we still have half the tokens left). Hannah and I got down to getting tickets at Skee Ball. At first, Taylor wasn't real impressed with Skee Ball. After getting their fill of other games, both girls came back to skee ball... the three of us worked on getting lots of tickets!! Finally, they tired and we went over to the bicycle ride. Hannah has been scared to do this ride for the longest time. Taylor got on it, and had a blast. That motivated Hannah to try. She did and she had such fun she rode it three more times.... What a night.



When we got home, it finally clicked in Hannah's head that Sarah was at MAW's house... she kinda got all nostalgic...but I rushed her into bed and she forgot about how sad she was! So fun....

Sarah in the meantime was having a blast at Maw's house. She is eating them out of house and home! She ate like a man yesterday. Then she poopooed on the potty. I told Maw that if she comes back potty trained...there is VERY NICE Christmas present in store for her. So far Sarah has not thrown ANY fits for them.. of course i'm not real sure they said "NO" to her. :)

3 comments:

Christa

makes me wish we lived closer to the grandparents.. what a fun thing for them to take her for a few days! also, love the girls dresses, where are they from?

Amy B

Sounds like a blast - good to have a quiet house too...

Erika

Sarah looks so cute!